[j-nsp] Class of Service implementation over MLPPP link

FAHAD ALI KHAN fahad.alikhan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 03:32:33 EDT 2007

Guys....im stuck in implementing CoS over MLPPP link (E1s). My scenario is,
CE---PE===(2E1s MLPPP)===PE---CE
My configuration is as under,
chassis {
    fpc 0 {
        pic 2 {
            adaptive-services {
                service-package layer-2;
            }
        }
    }
interfaces {
    e1-0/0/0 {
        unit 0 {
            family mlppp {
                bundle lsq-0/2/0.0;
            }
        }
    }
     e1-0/0/1 {
        unit 0 {
            family mlppp {
                bundle lsq-0/2/0.0;
            }
        }
    }
interfaces lsq-0/2/0
per-unit-scheduler;
unit 0 {
    encapsulation multilink-ppp;
    family inet {
        address X.X.X.X/30;
    }
    family mpls;
}
class-of-service{
forwarding-classes {
    queue 0 Besteffort;
    queue 1 Silver;
    queue 2 Gold;
    queue 3 NC;
}
interfaces {
    e1-0/0/0 {
        scheduler-map CoS-MLPPP;
    }
    e1-0/0/1 {
        scheduler-map CoS-MLPPP;
    }
    lsq-0/2/0 {
        unit 0 {
            scheduler-map CoS-MLPPP;
            classifiers {
                dscp dscp
                exp exp
          }
            rewrite-rules {
                dscp dscp
               exp exp
          }
        }
    }
}
scheduler-maps {
    CoS-MLPPP {
        forwarding-class Besteffort scheduler MLPPP-BestEffort;
        forwarding-class Silver scheduler MLPPP-Silver;
        forwarding-class Gold scheduler MLPPP-Gold;
        forwarding-class NC scheduler MLPPP-NC;
    }
}
schedulers {
    MLPPP-BestEffort {
        transmit-rate percent 40;
        buffer-size remainder;
        priority low;
    }
    MLPPP-Silver {
        transmit-rate percent 30;
        buffer-size percent 30;
        priority high;
    }
    MLPPP-Gold {
        transmit-rate percent 25;
        buffer-size remainder;
        priority strict-high;
    }
    MLPPP-NC {
        transmit-rate percent 5;
        buffer-size percent 5;
        priority high;
    }
}
same on the other PE side.....but the problem is......when we classified CE
traffic as Gold or Silver.....lsq interface queue stats shows....no packets
in the queue....means...0 queue/transfered packets from lsq queue/buffer.
Also its contituent links (E1s) shows all packets goes from its BE
queue...not in Silver (Q1) and Gold (Q2).

Kindly check the configuration and suggest is there any configurational
issue or some other workarround is avaiable. HW is M10i with 10-CH-E1-IQ PIC
and AS-2 PIC.

Regards

Fahad