[j-nsp] Power failure - unexpected?

Raniery Pontes raniery at rnp.br
Thu Apr 5 11:05:44 EDT 2007

Thanks for the reply.

The "problem" is we´re using AC power supplies and documentation for
these modules (thanks Steinar) is less detailed than for DC power
suplies. In my case it seems it doesn´t matter *which* module is turned
off (differently from DC power suplies).

 From the same doc:
"A minimum of three AC power supplies provides full power redundancy.If
one power supply fails or is removed, the remaining power supplies
instantly assume the entire electrical load. Two power supplies provide
the minimum configuration with full power for as long as the router is
operational."

The last sentence is really unclear to me. I still don´t know in what
FPC/PICs/hardware combinations I can turn off 2 power supplies without
turning off the router.

Raniery