[j-nsp] BGP Origin Issue

Borchers, Mark M. Mark.Borchers at McLeodUSA.com
Thu Apr 19 14:22:01 EDT 2007

We have a downstream BGP site announcing 19 prefixes from a Cisco router.
Eleven of the prefixes were configured with network statements in his BGP
config.  The remaining nine were statically null-routed and being
redistributed into BGP.  Thus, those nine appeared to us on an M20 as origin
incomplete.  None were advertised to other peers.

Just wondering if this is working as designed or if we have a Juniper-Cisco
BGP interoperability issue.  We are running Junos 7.6R2.6.  I am aware of
the role of origin in BGP path selection, but these examples include routes
that are not being announced via any other path.

Mark Borchers

NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain confidential
information and is intended only for the person(s) named.  Any use, copying
or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender via e-mail.