[j-nsp] link-local IPv6 addresses on SONET interfaces

Aaron Daubman daubman at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:50:32 EDT 2007

Greetings,

I'm hoping somebody can tell me how inet6 link-local addresses are
generated for SONET interfaces and if an EUI-64 id can be specified
(or whatever is being used can be changed).

...I realize I could just set the link local address, however it would
seem cleaner to set the EUI-46, and then be able to have it auto-gen
the link-local as well as specify a prefix to use and set it to use
the EUI-64 for the last 64 as well...

(e.g. set address 2001:0123:abcd::/64 eui-64)

Thanks,
     ~Aaron