[j-nsp] J-Series RAM

Matt Stevens matt at elevate.org
Mon Aug 6 20:53:57 EDT 2007

I'm dipping my toes into the Juniper pond for the first time - after
years of dealing with Cisco. I'm looking at using the J4350 as a border
router for some machines we have colo'd.

 From reading the archives it looks like the 4350's use pretty standard
DRAM. But I can't find any mention of the exact type needed - either in
the archives or on the wiki.

I'm imagining third-party RAM is much cheaper than Junipers. Can anyone
shed some light on the specifics. Also, how does third-party RAM affect
service contracts - is there an "approved" third party list?

Thanks.
--
matt