[j-nsp] M10i can't commit configuration

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Mon Aug 6 21:46:18 EDT 2007

Sorry, I meant to send this out earlier today:

Basically, it appears that 8.2R2.4 will not allow two prefix-lists in a
single term in a policy-statement.  Here's the config of the original
policy-statement:

>show configuration policy-options policy-statement bgp-export
term 0-announce_aggregate {
    from protocol aggregate;
    then accept;
}
term 5-announce_connected {
    from {
        protocol direct;
	  prefix-list wan-subnets;
        prefix-list ge-wan-subnets;
    }
    then accept;
}
term 10-announce_static {
    from {
        protocol static;
        route-filter 0.0.0.0/0 exact reject;
        route-filter 0.0.0.0/0 orlonger accept;
    }
}
term 99-reject_all {
    then reject;
}

>show configuration policy-options prefix-list wan-subnets
apply-path "interfaces <t1-*> unit 0 family inet address <*>";

When commenting out the 'prefix-list wan-subnets' match statement or
moving it to a different term, it works fine.  I looked through 8.2
release notes to see if there was a behavior change, but couldn't find
anything.  It works in 8.2R1.7, but not sure about other versions.  JTAC
is opening up a PR on this issue.

-evt