[j-nsp] Pseudo Wire Virtual Circuit Connectivity Verification

Monika M monika.vpls at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 04:19:40 EDT 2007

draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-xx.txt specifies the mechanism for signaling the VCCV
capability in interface sub TLV. (FEC 128/129). But for BGP signaled VPLS,
there is no option in RFC 4761 for signaling the VCCV capability.

Can't we do health check for VPLS in Juniper?

 I assume Juniper does not support LDP based approach (RFC 4762) for VPLS.
In this case, what is available as OAM mechanism for VPLS in juniper?

http://www.juniper.net/solutions/literature/white_papers/200116.pdf states
that "*Other specifications that Juniper Networks is implementing and
seeking customer feedback on include **PWE3 for MPLS PW OAM (
draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-02.txt) and PWE3 for OAM Inter-Networking **(
draft-nadeau-pwe3-msg-msg-map-04.txt)." .*   But I am not able to find any
specification about signaling the VCCV capability for BGP signaled VPLS in
vccv draft specified above.

There is L2 Information extended community attribute in L2VPN NLRI. With
this we can specify the "control word" option.

Does Juniper do OAM based on this control word? If so how do I enable that?

TIA,
Monika