[j-nsp] 10 port GigE SFP PIC

Bourgeois, Jacob (Jake)** CTR ** bourgeois at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Aug 20 14:05:01 EDT 2007

MAC learning within this context is with regards to a service, such as
VPLS or Provider Bridged Transport, where MAC address are associated
with a given port as it is received and placed into the FIB
respectively.  So if you are using the ports as one would normally see
outside of a service, ie, broadcast or p-t-p it works as you would
expect having an arp table etc.

As for oversubscription, I know the 8 port IQ2 were oversub'd and I
would assume is the same with 10 port in this case.  Someone more close
to the product can prob give the ratio if so.

Thanks and Regards,
Jake Bourgeois