[j-nsp] interface-type p2p for ospf3

Aaron Daubman daubman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 11:34:59 EDT 2007

Greetings,

I'm wondering what the equivalent of this is for ospf3:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos81/swconfig81-routing/html/ospf-summary24.html

I'm looking to force ospf3 running on a GigE interface to function as
if it were a point-to-point interface.

e.g.
# edit protocols ospf3 area 0.0.0.0 interface ge-0/0/0
# set interface-type p2p

I noticed that somewhere between 7.2 and 8.1 the p2p statement was
removed for ospf (and never showed up for ospf3) even though it is
still mentioned in the first link for 8.1...
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos72/swconfig72-routing/html/ospf-config.html
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos81/swconfig81-routing/html/ospf-config.html

Is there a reason this was removed, and is there some other way to
force this behavior?

The IOS equivalent would be the interface-level command:
(config-if)#ipv6 ospf network point-to-point

Thanks,
     ~Aaron