[j-nsp] interface-type p2p for ospf3

Sean Clarke sean at clarke-3.demon.nl
Wed Aug 22 03:37:28 EDT 2007

Hi Aaron,

OSPFv2 in 8.3R2 still has it, I don't know why you don't see this
option

sclarke at mirfak# show protocols ospf
area 0.0.0.0 {
    interface ge-0/0/0.0 {
        interface-type p2p;
    }
}

For IPv6 ... take a look at RFC 2740.

2.11.  Identifying neighbors by Router ID

   In OSPF for IPv6, neighboring routers on a given link are always
   identified by their OSPF Router ID. This contrasts with the IPv4
   behavior where neighbors on point-to-point networks and virtual links
   are identified by their Router IDs, and neighbors on broadcast, NBMA
   and Point-to-MultiPoint links are identified by their IPv4 interface
   addresses.

   This may explain why it's not really needed.

Cheers
Sean