[j-nsp] BGP/MPLS VPNs

Rafał Szarecki rszarecki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 12:31:21 EDT 2007

Paolo,

I not understand "I would advise you to stick more towards the standards (ie
ldp instead of rsvp)". L3VPN do not consider signaling used for translort
LSP. It can be anything LDP, RSVP. There is even standard using GRE for
transport tunnel.
For signaling vpn labels, by definition MP-BGP is used.

2007/8/29, Paolo Autore <pautore at columbus-networks.com>:

> ?
> l3vpns is a very proven technology, very easy to setup and I would advise
> you to stick more towards the standards (ie ldp instead of rsvp) for the
> mpls signaling protocol.

Rafał Szarecki JNCIE-M/T, JNCIP-E
+48602418971