[j-nsp] BGP/MPLS VPNs (Jonathan Brashear)

Robin.Hartley at alcatel-lucent.co.nz Robin.Hartley at alcatel-lucent.co.nz
Wed Aug 29 17:38:04 EDT 2007

Hi Jonathan,
We have been doing 2547-bis VPNs for several years now.
They are now called RFC 4364 VPNs

They work very well and are a lot of fun.

We currently have about 80 Juniper nodes, mix of M40e & ERX, with about
1200 VPNs.

In the network we manage ALL traffic is in VPNs there is nothing, except
IGP & BGP, at the ip layer.
Even the Internet is delivered via a VPN.

Just remember to firewall Lo0 as it's what very VPN talks to when the
customers send traffic to the link interface address.
Otherwise every customer can log in to the RE, not good.
Interface groups are excellent for this.

Regards,
Robin

Message: 1