[j-nsp] Class of Service help on T-series w/8.2R1.7

David Ball davidtball at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 11:48:38 EDT 2007

Hi there, and happy Friday.  Seeking guidance with a CoS problem.  I'm
trying to get things working on a T-series w/8.2R1.7.  I have 2 Gig
interfaces (1 on each of 2 IQ2 PICs) on the same FPC (type 2).
 I have a 2-port Gig test set plugged into each of those ports for
traffic generation, and it's able to mark the traffic using 802.1p
bits (marking 2 (010) in one direction 5 (101) in the other).  The
interfaces are a part of a VPLS routing-instance on the router.
Traffic is passing fine at near line rate and the markings are making
it through to the other side (test set sees correct incoming p-bit
markings), but I don't see traffic making it to any other queues in a
'sh int ge-7/0/7 exten'.  All ends up in queue 0.  VLAN 100 is being
used.  Can someone see any glaring errors or omissions?
     Following are the appropriate (or not, as the case may be!)
config bits (excluding
drop-profiles)

[edit class-of-service]
classifiers {
    ieee-802.1 trial {
        forwarding-class be {
            loss-priority low code-points [ 000 001 ];
        }
        forwarding-class af12 {
            loss-priority low code-points [ 010 011 100 ];
        }
        forwarding-class ef1 {
            loss-priority low code-points [ 101 110 111 ];
        }
    }
}

forwarding-classes {
    queue 0 be priority low;
    queue 1 be1 priority low;
    queue 2 ef priority high;
    queue 3 ef1 priority high;
    queue 4 af11 priority low;
    queue 5 af12 priority low;
    queue 6 nc1 priority high;
    queue 7 nc2 priority high;
}

interfaces {
    ge-7/0/7 {
        scheduler-map env-mpls-core-scheduler;
        unit 100 {
            classifiers {
                ieee-802.1 trial;
            }
        }
    }
    ge-7/2/7 {
        scheduler-map env-mpls-core-scheduler;
        unit 100 {
            classifiers {
                ieee-802.1 trial;
            }
        }
    }
}

scheduler-maps {
    env-mpls-core-scheduler {
        forwarding-class be scheduler be;
        forwarding-class be1 scheduler be1;
        forwarding-class ef scheduler ef;
        forwarding-class ef1 scheduler ef1;
        forwarding-class af11 scheduler af11;
        forwarding-class af12 scheduler af12;
        forwarding-class nc1 scheduler nc1;
        forwarding-class nc2 scheduler nc2;
    }
}

schedulers {
    be {
        transmit-rate percent 3;
        buffer-size percent 20;
        priority low;
        drop-profile-map loss-priority any protocol any drop-profile be-low-plp;
    }
    be1 {
        transmit-rate percent 1;
        priority low;
        drop-profile-map loss-priority any protocol any drop-profile
be-high-plp;
    }
    ef {
        priority strict-high;
    }
    ef1 {
        transmit-rate percent 30;
        buffer-size percent 30;
        priority medium-high;
        drop-profile-map loss-priority any protocol any drop-profile
ef-high-plp;
    }
    af11 {
        transmit-rate percent 0;
        priority medium-low;
        drop-profile-map loss-priority any protocol any drop-profile af-low-plp;
    }
    af12 {
        transmit-rate percent 45;
        buffer-size percent 40;
        priority medium-low;
        drop-profile-map loss-priority any protocol any drop-profile
af-high-plp;
    }
}

[edit interfaces] :
ge-7/0/7 {
    flexible-vlan-tagging;
    encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
    gigether-options {
        no-auto-negotiation;
    }
    unit 100 {
        encapsulation vlan-vpls;
        vlan-id 100;
        family vpls;
    }
}
ge-7/2/7 {
    flexible-vlan-tagging;
    encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
    gigether-options {
        no-auto-negotiation;
    }
    unit 100 {