[j-nsp] Traffic statistics explanation

RuizZito ruizzito at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 12:34:12 EDT 2007

Thanks David,
But and this example, what the counters mens?

z at re0> show interfaces ge-2/1/0 extensive
Physical interface: ge-2/1/0, Enabled, Physical link is Down
 Statistics last cleared: 2007-08-23 06:22:04 WEST (00:00:04 ago)
 Traffic statistics:
  Input  bytes  :                    0                    0 bps
  Output bytes  :                    0             15522920 bps
  Input  packets:                    0                    0 pps
  Output packets:                    0                 1436 pps

Regards,
RB

On 31/08/2007, David Ball <davidtball at gmail.com> wrote:

>    Hi Rui.  The first column is just an ever-increasing counter
> showing how many bytes have come into that interface (for 'input'),
> whereas the 2nd column shows the 'rate', or current throughput in
> bits/sec. Since your interface is down, it's showing 0 bits/sec as one
> might expect.
>   HTH.
>
> David
>

> On 8/31/07, Rui Bernardo <ruizzito at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > Can any one explain me what the 'Traffic statistics' means of the 'show
> > interfaces extensive ge-1/0/0'?
> > In the 'input bytes'  what mens the second column?
> >
> > According to documentation, the 'Traffic statistics'mens the number and
> rate
> > of bytes and packets received and transmitted on the physical interface.
> Why
> > it have the 0 value??
> >
> > z at Taipei> show interfaces extensive ge-1/0/0
> > Physical interface: ge-1/0/0, Enabled, Physical link is Down
> >   Statistics last cleared: Never
> >   Traffic statistics:
> >    Input  bytes  :               184452                    0 bps
> >    Output bytes  :               195752                    0 bps
> >    Input  packets:                 2489                    0 pps
> >    Output packets:                 2491                    0 pps
> >   Input errors:
> >
> > Regards,
> > RB

Obrigado.