[j-nsp] Apparent m40 RPD memory leak

Massimiliano Galizia massimiliano.galizia at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 03:21:08 EST 2007

Ciao,
just a question: are your router placed in a LDP/RSVP network with Cisco
routers? We experienced a similar problem some years ago with four M160
connected with 30 GSR in a MPLS cloud.... In brief, Cisco router is
intented to forward all connected networks along with the FEC (while
JNPRs advertise only lo0 IP). We asked Cisco Staff to make their routers
advertise only loopbacks (that's the only information an ingress router
needs to get the egress) and we set up a policy on M160 to block other
than /32 in LDP/RSVP info.
Nevertheless, have you got some crash or core files in your REs? In
case, you should send them to JTAC. Moreover, do "messages" log files
report some "SLIP"? This means that rpd deamons is getting too much CPU
cycles and the system scheduler is going to"slip".
Hope this helps
Arrivederci
Massimiliano