[j-nsp] bringing m7i FIC online

Dan Farrell danno at appliedi.net
Mon Dec 17 11:37:17 EST 2007

In trying to get a connection to work on my Gigabit FIC interface, I
noticed that it appears (if I'm reading the output correctly) that the
interface is offline-

root at nap-r2-core-1> show chassis fpc pic-status
Slot 0   Online       E-FPC
 PIC 0  Online       4x 1GE(LAN), IQ2
Slot 1   Online       E-FPC
 PIC 2  Online       ASP - Integrated (Layer-2-3)
 PIC 3  Offline

I believe "PIC 3" is the FIC interface itself. I think I had seen it
labeled as "ge-1/3/0" quite awhile ago but that doesn't appear in a
"show interfaces terse" anymore, and I think that's because it's
currently offline.

So how does one bring the FIC 'online'? I checked the documentation, and
googled, and came up empty.

Thanks for any insight,

Dan Farrell
Applied Innovations Corp.