[j-nsp] MLPPP configuration check-out failed on LS_PIC/SOLVED

Nick Kraal nick at arc.net.my
Tue Dec 18 00:57:48 EST 2007

Thanks to all for their advice on this.

There *was* an 'apply-groups' command for all interfaces nested deep
within the configurations (and apparently our memory cells too).

This was not seen with the 'display inheritance' command as (and I am
guessing here), initially (before MLPPP configurations were added) the
interface was configured with no IP address configured, and so no 'unit
0' entries, and so nothing to inherit per se.

Well nothing, until adding in the bundle command created the 'family
mlppp' under unit 0, and then committing tried to add in the 'family
inet' group additions through the 'apply-groups' command. Bang.

Adding in the 'apply-groups-except' command worked like a charm.

Regards,

-nick/