[j-nsp] 8.x Compatibility (was: Upgrade without PCMCIA card?)

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Thu Dec 20 07:01:13 EST 2007

> Downgrading to 7.6 worked for me, which is probably your best
> bet on the M5/10/20/40 unless you're willing to upgrade the
> RE's flash and the FEB/SSB SDRAM in a warranty-voiding kinda way.

Can someone post some more info regarding this, perhaps with memory
requirements per platform?  Will 8.5 cause problems on an M20 with an
RE-333-768 and SSB-E?  What about an RE-600-2048 w/ SSB-E-16?  This
seems pretty scary to me and is getting into Cisco territory now with
having to worry about what platform can run what JUNOS version.

Also - what type of memory can you use on an old, outdated FEB?
Hypothetically, of course, because who would want to invalidate their
warranty?  ;-)

-evt