[j-nsp] Upgrade without PCMCIA card?

Shawn Morris shawn at smorris.com
Thu Dec 20 11:53:04 EST 2007

We've done some upgrades of both RE3s and RE2s in our lab to 1g.  On
the RE3 it's extremely simple as it's designed to be a FRU.  You just
open a latch and replace the card.  On the RE2 you have to remove the
faceplate and about 5 screws on the bottom to remove the daugtherboard
that the HD sits on and then the CF is on a daughterboard underneath
that.  We tried using some el-cheapo CF cards from Micro Center and
those did not work.  We had to use regular Sandisk 1g CF cards.