[j-nsp] Upgrade without PCMCIA card?

michael.firth at bt.com michael.firth at bt.com
Fri Dec 21 04:31:30 EST 2007

Unfortunately all the 7.x releases of JunOS have passed their EOL dates,
which means that they are no longer officially available for download
(see the various PSNs on the Juniper website for the various dates,
JunOS 7.6 (the last 7.x version) went EOL in August).

For some reason, JunOS 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4 are available for download at:
https://www2.juniper.net/support/csc/swdist-domestic/

Not quite sure why www2.juniper.net is not in sync with the main Web
site.

I think that if you want to run JunOS 7.5 or 7.6 you will have to talk
to your Juniper support people to see if they can get hold of them for
you.

Given that a lot of people seem to be having problems getting JunOS 8.x
releases to run reliably on older hardware, it may be that eventually
there will be enough of a build up of pressure for them to make a
'legacy JunOS', or similar, available for users of older M5, M10, M20 or
M40 platforms.

Michael