[j-nsp] Host 0 boot from Alternate media on M10 Alarm

Jonas Frey jf at probe-networks.de
Sun Dec 23 11:01:31 EST 2007

Hello,

you can run diagnostics on the routing engine with:
request chassis routing-engine diagnostics ?

It appears like your flash is bad.

Try: request system snapshot then request system reboot

Try: start shell user root
type:
sysctl -w machdep.bootdevs=pcmcia-flash,compact-flash,disk,lan
exit
Reboot after this. If the system still comes on from alternate media
then you cf is bad.

Regards,
Jonas