[j-nsp] JunOS upgrade to 8.5R1.14, boot device too small ?

Shawn Morris shawn at smorris.com
Tue Dec 25 15:40:10 EST 2007

There is a card, but it is located underneath the daughter board that
hold the hard drive.  I do not believe there is an officially
supported method for upgrading the CF on RE2.  However in our lab we
have had success replacing them with standard Sandisk 1gb CF cards.
That involves removing a number of screws from the bottom and removing
the face plate.  Then you must remove the daughterboard containing the
HD and there is another daughterboard underneath that holds the CF
card.