[j-nsp] JunOS upgrade to 8.5R1.14, boot device too small ?

Jonas Frey jf at probe-networks.de
Tue Dec 25 17:50:48 EST 2007

Hello,

yes, you can upgrade the flash without problems on the RE2 but as said
previously its a bit work. You should use sandisk CF(v1) cards.

The RE will boot from the CF as primary media since its faster than the
hdd. However you can run the RE without flash but its not recommended
since you will have slower bootup times as well as no redundancy within
the RE regarding media.

Regards,
Jonas