[j-nsp] JunOS upgrade to 8.5R1.14, boot device too small ?

Mykola Mitrokhin mkmrtkhn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 15:59:13 EST 2007

hi again,

i am sorry there is indeed a flashcard on this router.
ad0: 122MB <SanDisk SDCFB-128> [980/8/32] at ata0-master PIO4

I think i can upgrade the flashcard to a 512-1024 MB card without any
problems? someone has
experience with that?

There is also harddisk in it
ad1: 19077MB <IBM-DJSA-220> [38760/16/63] at ata0-slave UDMA33

I dont really understand why it is using this flashcard? is it neccesary or
can i remove it and the engine will boot from the disk?

thanks in advance guys

mykola