[j-nsp] How to trace fpc/cfeb CPU usage?

Erdem Sener erdems at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 17:56:23 EST 2007

Hi Jeorg,

 Starting with the 'obvious' is always a good idea :)

 What other events are taking place on the router at the same time of
(or prior to) relatively high loads? Any link flaps, neighborships
going down/up etc?

 Also, you may check whether this is a particular issue (every n time)
or not to have a better idea.

 HTH

On 2/16/07, Joerg Staedele / Trusted Network GmbH <js at tnib.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> i still have a strange behaviour on our M7i. The CFEB load goes up to
> 20%, then goes down to <5% then up again and so on.
>
> I really have no idea what is causing this. We have several other
> routers  (M5/M10/M20) that all behave normal.
>
> The behaviour of the m7i is also seen in our smokeping that monitors all
> our routers. you can see that the m7i has higher loads and  responds
> "slower" more often than the others to icmp querys.
>
> So i just want to know what is causing the higher cpu on the cfeb but
> dont know how.
>
> What things are done in cpu on the cfeb? Maybe a list would give me a hint.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
>  Joerg