[j-nsp] L2VPN config sample!

juniper light juniperlight at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 18:37:46 EST 2007

Hi Team,

I'm working on multiple OSPF instance (each on its own vrf) described on th
scenario bellow :

R1, R2 (M20) and my R3(M7i) are connected on the same L2 switch (same area
0.0.0.1)

R1 and R2 already established OSPF election and can exchange their route
under OSPF, but M7i Ospf still fail to come up  , bellow the configuration
on M7i :

set routing-instances gn-vrf instance-type vrf
set routing-instances gn-vrf interface ge-1/3/0.101  || this is the sub-if
where R1/R2 are connected
set routing-instances gn-vrf interface ge-1/3/0.103
set routing-instances gn-vrf interface ge-1/3/0.104
set routing-instances gn-vrf route-distinguisher 64512:30
set routing-instances gn-vrf vrf-import gn-import
set routing-instances gn-vrf vrf-export gn-export
set routing-instances gn-vrf routing-options static route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop
192.168.151.17
set routing-instances gn-vrf protocols ospf area 0.0.0.1 interface
ge-1/3/0.101

NB : from the M7i the ping under the routing-instances gn-vrf to R1 and R2
directly connected interfaces are ok via sub-if ge-1/3/0.101

admin at M7i> show ospf neighbor
OSPF instance is not running

When i enable traffic-engineering under the routing-instances the OSPF is
running :

admin at M7i# set protocols ospf traffic-engineering      ||  and commit

admin at M7i> show ospf neighbor

admin at M7i>

but there is no neighbor.

Can any one please help me on resolving this issue.

Best ones

Mounir