[j-nsp] firewall filter

rendo r3nd0 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 22:37:14 EST 2007

Hi,

I have a problem with firewall filter and MPLS.

My target is to block specific source traffic towards the host on the other
end of ATM interface, so I put an output filter in an ATM interface.

what i got about any specific packet that i want to discard are:
- any packet from another ATM interface as well as any other external
traffic is filtered
but
- packet coming from mpls is NOT filtered at all

Since i run mpls also in the same router, Is it a normal behaviour? do i
need to put the filter in forwarding table to filter the traffic from mpls?

thanks.

-rendo-