[j-nsp] Reboot on GE link change?

Kevin Day toasty at dragondata.com
Wed Jan 3 01:16:24 EST 2007

On Jan 2, 2007, at 11:56 PM, Steven Wong wrote:

> It looks like a RE problem. Did you get the vmcore file in /var/crash
> directory ? If you make the backup RE as master RE, does the same
> problem exist ?
>
> Jan  2 22:38:49  core1-chi savecore: Router crashed.....
> Jan  2 22:38:49  core1-chi savecore: reboot after panic: Hardware
> watchdog timeout NMI
>
> - Steven

Yes, I've got at least 2 vmcores from this problem on the current
version, and one from 7.2-something. When this happens, it appears to
crash both RE's at nearly the same time. The master left a core, the
backup said:

Jan  2 22:34:03  core1-chi savecore: could not be determined

I've swapped REs in the past, and the problem has continued.

Thanks!

-- Kevin