[j-nsp] BGP session going down on "invalid attribute list"

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 08:47:35 EST 2007

On 04/01/07, Pekka Savola <pekkas at netcore.fi> wrote:
> As a matter of fact, we saw the same behaviour today morning, except
> that we _received_ the NOTIFICATION of invalid attribute list from our
> downstream customer when the full Internet routing table we're
> advertising to the them (a Cisco router) flapped.  I hear the Cisco
> router's memory is almost full which I thought might be a possible
> indication of a memory allocation problem.

I saw a similar problem a couple of weeks ago:
rpd[2760]: %DAEMON-4: bgp_read_v4_update: NOTIFICATION sent to
my.remote.peer (External AS x): code 3 (Update Message Error) subcode
11 (AS path attribute problem)

Here the other side is a Cisco also.. unfortunately I got the usual
'oh we don't know what happened your end must have caused a bounce'
response when we tried to investigate and it hasn't happened again.

Ras