[j-nsp] BGP session going down on 'invalid attribute list'

Paul Goyette pgoyette at juniper.net
Thu Jan 4 10:42:04 EST 2007

> Agreed, but AFAIK there are no 32-bit ASN aware software releases from
> Cisco, Foundry or Juniper. As our peer is running on Foundry
> RX it seems
> unlikely to be the reason. And the 4 AS'es in between happily
> passed this
> information on without going down.

Yeah, that's the whole point of my using all those "IF"!

I really don't think that 4-byte ASN is your problem, but
to find out what the problem is, you need the _content_
of the NOTIFICATION message to tell you what attribute it
is complaining about.

> I will ask the upstream party for some more logging and details!

If it is a 1-time event, I wouldn't worry.  If it is a
regular thing, I wouldn't rely on the upstream.  Turn
on your own tracing of the NOTIFICATIONs...