[j-nsp] IPv6 6to4 tunneling support

FAHAD ALI KHAN fahad.alikhan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 06:16:51 EST 2007

Dear Yeshoda

6to4 tunneling is a separate mechanism.....than IPv6 over IPv4 Tunnels or
IPv6 over MPLS LSP..... the difference is in the dynamic nature of 6to4
tunnel as compared to IPv6 over IPv4 tunnel using ip-ip or GRE tunnels....

I never mean that it is not possible to deploy IPv6 using Juniper, but
yah...if someone go for 6to4 or ISATAP tunneling technique it is not
possible through Juniper.

I believe once the RFC has been defined and it became a standard than
Juniper should go for it.

Need some comments from Juniper Engineers on this list.

Regards

Fahad