[j-nsp] How to CoS on M-series Fe interface but connected to Fe/E3converter ?

Rafał Szarecki rszarecki at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 12:08:37 EST 2007

Hi,

Generally Michaell is right. To  have  logical interface  cos-aware shaper
on M/T, you need IQ PIC. And there is no FE  IQ PIC.
The E-series and J-series can do this.

Also new generation of J-series is much more powerfull. But as we talk about
34Mbps, this should be not a broblem also for oldest J-series.

If you are not interesting in delay reduction but only want to differentiate
2 class of traffic by low-loss vs. best-effort. (e.g. Business Web-base
application vs. Internet) you can put all traffic to common queue with 2
different drop-profiles. And then shape queue. But this is applicable only
if you have 2 traffic classes and both of them are not sensitive for time
paramenters (delay and jitter).

--
Rafał Szarecki JNCIE
+48602418971