[j-nsp] Some issues with Junoscope.

Salman Ahmed. salman77_99 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 27 11:04:12 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have installed and configure the junoscope software
on a Solaris test bed machine running solaris 9. For
testing i can view the statistics of our configure
test juniper router. I would like to know if this
junoscope software can generate alarms and work as an
element manager. I am using
"jtk-install-8.2R1.7-sunos5-sparc.sh" software image
for Junoscope.

Here are some issues:
1)I have simulated the MPBN network using logical
routers. Now in junoscope I am able to get information
of the routers but some of the commands say BGP etc
are not being displayed. Any reason for that ?
2) Does this NMS or Element manager generates alarms
or not ?
3) For the actual deployment of Junosope according to
my perception we would require to implement this using
the O/M Network of the customer with the FXP0
interfaces of the Juniper routers functional. Please
correct me if I am wrong ?

regards,
Salman Ahmed.