[j-nsp] SSB SSRAM memory issue

Eeden, Reinier r.eeden at ecatel.net
Tue Jan 30 20:23:57 EST 2007

Hello,

I have the same problem as described in this topic:

 <http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/juniper-nsp/2005-March/003914.html>
http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/juniper-nsp/2005-March/003914.html but i
cannot find any solution anywhere, only how to find out what the issue is.

Our SSB-E-16-M20 is currently out of SSRAM memory. We work with aggregated
interfaces in the Juniper m20, we have configured 10x 1g to one aggregated
interface. This means for each mac-address the system will create 10
entries. And for each vlan etc.. What can we do ???.

After doing some research on the net I found out I better could create 2x4x1
gbit aggregated (2 aggregated links)  on different FPC's and because this
would save memory? Please can someone give any advise. I also looked on the
net if I could by that memory modules for the SSB :) but no luck.

Looking forward for your replies!

Best regards,

Reinier van Eeden

Ecatel LTD.