[j-nsp] SSB SSRAM memory issue

Jonas Frey jf at probe-networks.de
Wed Jan 31 03:55:37 EST 2007

Hi Reinier,

you cannot upgrade the SSB-E16 with even more memory, its maxed.

If you use aggregated links its usually a good idea to use different
FPCs for the ae's.
However in your case you are using up almost all FPCs with GE pics, so
that option aint valid.
I am not sure about the 2x4 ge trunk, but could be worth a try.

The problem you probably have is that your L2descriptors are
skyrocketing...i assume you use normal FPC?
A good idea might be to try FPC-E which have double/quad(?) the memory
of the normal FPC for this.

Regards,
Jonas Frey