[j-nsp] ERX 710 LAC

Sven Juergensen s.juergensen at kielnet.de
Wed Jan 31 02:00:01 EST 2007

Hi list,

I'm trying to configure an ERX710 (junose 5.1.5) as
a LAC to a Cisco LNS, using domain maps. For some
reason the tunnel doesn't make it to the Cisco at all;
I'm just seeing TX packets towards the destination.

IP connectivity between the two boxes is just fine,
they're in the same subnet. Parsing a full debug isn't
really telling me anything either: apparently the
router names, the password, the source and the destination
IP addresses are transmitted just fine.

Maybe I'm trying to make something work that's not
possible by design: the PPPoE-clients are terminated
in the default router, which is using RFC1918 IP addresses
and the tunnel is supposed to initiate into a different
virtual router which also has the Cisco LNS connected
to it.

For regular PPPoE this works using a RADIUS-assigned AVP
but does it work for L2TP, using just domain maps
without any RADIUS-interference?

Any caveats, pointers or config snippets of a working
ERX LAC would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Sven Juergensen