[j-nsp] Another JNCIP Question

nachocheeze at gmail.com nachocheeze at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 11:32:39 EDT 2007

Getting ready to schedule the JNCIP-M lab, and have a question.

I've been thru Harry's book and feel pretty comfortable with the meat
and potatoes of it (CLI, basic config, protocols, policies, etc).  I
finished the JNCIS-M with about 20 minutes to spare and it didn't seem
all that difficult, so given that I have a few years of Juniper hands
on in the real world already, I think I should be ready for most stuff
with a few months of study and lab practice.

There is one thing that I'm definitely lacking though.  Pretty much
all of our network is Ethernet based, and has been for a while.  We've
not had any SONET based services for a while, and I haven't even
touched Frame Relay or ATM in years.  I don't currently have access to
any hands-on assets that are non-Ethernet.

Given that there's probably going to be at least a little bit of those
on the lab, how worried should I be?  Is the amount of that likely to
be on the lab such that I need to get some rack rental or bootcamp
time, or is it basic enough that I can probably figure it out with
just book studying and past (way past) experience?