[j-nsp] M40 to M10 conversion

Hyunseog Ryu HRyu at norlight.com
Mon Jul 30 17:42:56 EDT 2007

>From hardware viewpoint, it will work without a problem.
Only difference between PE- modules and P- modules is that PE- moduels
have hardware ejector handle to make it easy for how-swap
installation/removal.
But there is also support contract problem when you use P- modules in M10.

If you use P- modules in M10 chassis, it will be invalidate your support
contract.

Hyun

Hyunseog Ryu
Senior Network Engineer
Norlight Telecommunications, Inc./Applications Engineering
13935 Bishops Drive
Brookfield, WI 53005
Phone. +1-262-792-7965
Fax. +1-262-792-7733
Email. hryu at norlight.com

"W. Kevin Hunt" <khunt at huntbrothers.com>
Sent by: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
07/30/2007 04:34 PM

<juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net>
cc

Fax to

Subject
[j-nsp] M40 to M10 conversion

We're contemplating replacing our 2 old M40's with 2  M10's we acquired
via
the buyout of a bankrupt company's assets.
I've had a few folken' tell me that I can use my current PICs in the
M10's,
I just need to be prepared for a bit of a time removing them if I ever
needed to.
I'd hate to go buy 5 GigE interfaces for the M10's if my current
P-GigE-SX-B
will work...
Anyone done this?  Any caveats ?