[j-nsp] ERX310 Dropped packets

Gabriel gabriel at teksavvy.com
Tue Jun 5 16:01:13 EDT 2007

We are starting to see slowdowns on our network (Over 10,000 DSL
Customers). We are using an ERX310 with 2 GE2 modules. I just noticed
that I'm seeing dropped packets in the frabric-queue.

ERX310#show fabric-queue detail
  traffic     egress                forwarded
dropped
   class       slot      type        packets      forwarded bytes
packets
-----------   ------   ---------   ------------   ---------------
-------
best-effort     1      committed   242837958953   126861928898797
7240
best-effort     1      conformed              0                 0
0
best-effort     1      exceeded               0                 0
0
best-effort     2      committed   240477804509   164780405169067
199438
best-effort     2      conformed              0                 0
0
best-effort     2      exceeded               0                 0
0

The dropped packets counter for some reason here is increasing and
decreasing randomly everytime I check, shouldn't that just be
increasing? This doesn't seem right. Either way, is dropped packets an
indication that there is too much load on the router here on the
fabric-queue?

Thanks
Gabriel