[j-nsp] Juniper Commit/Op Scripts and Archive

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Thu Jun 7 21:14:09 EDT 2007

Ok, I've been saying I would do this for a while, and now I finally have.

http://juniper.cluepon.net/index.php/Commit_Scripts
http://juniper.cluepon.net/index.php/Op_Scripts

I've set up a repository of user contributed Commit and Op scripts, and
donated a few of the ones I've been writing over the past several weeks.
Some of the cooler ones (IMHO) include:

* BGP Auto-Tuning Prefix-Limits (Op Script)
* BGP Community Auto-Generator (Per-ASN, w/ router "location" tags, etc)
* Cisco-like BGP GTSM Implementation (one simple command)
* MPLS Label-Switched-Path Auto-Mesh
* Simplified Prefix-Limit management system
* One-command collection and uploading of support information to JTAC

And lots of other random things. Everyone is invited to submit their
scripts or ideas, and hopefully these will prove to be useful and/or
inspire integration of better implementations into JUNOS directly.

I'd like to also take this opportunity to thank Phil Shafer, not only for
the hard work that went into creating such a powerful tool, but for the
many weeks he spent answering my nearly unending supply of (occasionally
stupid) questions about how to write Commit/Op Scripts. Oh and also thanks
to Greg Maxwell, who managed to get a few good answers to my stupid
questions in whenever Phil was asleep. :)