[j-nsp] BGP VPLS support

Leigh Porter leigh.porter at ukbroadband.com
Mon Jun 18 06:05:18 EDT 2007

Hey folks,

When using MPLS on JUNOS a directly connected interface route on a PE
router is only assigned a label if there is a route on the PE router
that uses this interface (static or OSPF or BGP). When a route is
present that uses this interface then a label is assigned and the route
makes it into bgp.l3vpn.0

Is there a way of changing this behavior? I would like to plug some
servers directly into a PE router routing-instance and have then
reachable, but the interface routes do not make it to the l3vpn table,
even if I explicitly ask them to be with a policy.

Thanks, folks,
Leigh Porter