[j-nsp] What do for a terminal server?

David Ball davidtball at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 01:44:22 EDT 2007

  Neal,
   I have no experience with J-series, but yes, nothing beats the
console port when dealing with grumpy devices.  I currently use an
8-port MRV LX4008 (which have been replaced by newer models, I think)
terminal server to manage several JDS Uniphase optical switches via
RS232 console ports with much success.  They come with more port
density than 8-ports of course, but I've only used that model.

David