[j-nsp] Help with NAT

Bill Sandiford bill at telnetcommunications.com
Tue Mar 27 09:02:45 EST 2007

Hello All:

I need a bit of help with a NAT setup on a J-4350.  I have tried to get it
working with the various samples/examples that I have found either online or
in the docs, but I can't seem to get it going like I could on the old Cisco
box that this Juniper has recently replaced.

Here is my configuration

ge-0/0/0 - Internet Connection
ge-0/0/1 - An Internal network with RFC 1918 IPs (10.0.10.0/24)
ge-0/0/2 - An Internal network with public IPs
ge-0/0/3 - Another Internal network with public IPs

I need to NAT/PAT all traffic that flows between ge-0/0/0 and ge-0/0/1.  All
other paths are not to be NAT'd.  For example any of the internal networks
with public IPs should NOT be NAT'd to either the internet connection
(ge-0/0/0) or the internal network on RFC IPs.

I used to be able to accomplish this on Cisco by tagging the internet
interface "ip nat outside" and the internal network with RFC addresses "ip
nat inside".  Then a simple route-map / access-list to enable the NAT.  I
need to replicate a configuration like this for my J-4350......help !!!

Regards,
Bill