[j-nsp] Load Balance

xinyu zeng xinyu.zeng at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 07:29:31 EST 2007

According to Juniper's documents

Link Service PIC:

Hardware features

   - Rate limiting/policing per multilink bundle
   - Byte-wise load balancing across multilink bundles
   - Bonding T1 links enable service ranging from 1.5 Mbps through 12
   Mbps
   - Bonding E1 links enable service ranging from 2 Mbps through 16 Mbps
   - Loopback function that encapsulates and de-encapsulates packets

So max channels should be 8 (12/1.5=16/2=8).

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/hardware/m10i/m10i-pic/frameset.html

On 3/28/07, Rubens Kuhl Jr. <rubensk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Although Giuliano asked how many channels can be bundled using MLPPP,
> I think that the question can be answered also by using parallel IP
> paths.
>
> On M-series routers running on IP2, JunOS supports 16 equal cost
> paths, isn't it ? How many equal cost paths does J-series routers
> support ? Can the equal cost paths by MLPPP bundles of any supported
> size ? On the M-series, this would lead to 16 x 8 = 128 links, in
> theory.
>

> Rubens
>

> Is On 3/27/07, Jared Gull <jmgull at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Giuliano,
> >
> > You can have 8 links per bundle. If you want to bundle
> > all 12 links you'll need to configure two separate
> > bundles.
> >
> > Hths
> >
> > Jared
> >
> > --- "Giuliano (UOL)" <giulianocm at uol.com.br> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > > Cisco routers has a limit of 6 Serial Interfaces,
> > > when used with MLPPP
> > > load balance.
> > >
> > > Juniper J-Series has some limits about it ?
> > >
> > > Can I use 6 JX-2SERIAL-S with 12 interfaces load
> > > balanced at same time ?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot,
> > >
> > > Giuliano

Best Regards,