[j-nsp] ATM <-> Ethernet TCC or VPLS, converting from cisco

Rafał Szarecki rszarecki at gmail.com
Thu May 3 13:21:27 EDT 2007

I do not think cisco supports _IP_ interworking, what is TCC.

I rather expect that on ATM pvc there is ethernet frame encapsulated
into snamp aal5 frame (ethrenet over ATM).
So this cisco setup is regular layer2 ethernet cross-connect, where one
of etherent ports is on top of atm.
In orther works all ATM related headers are terminated and Ethernet
frame, which was received within ATM is relayed to FE.

Junos can also do this. But this is regular CCC/L2circuit.