[j-nsp] JUNOS mpls debug

Hyunseog Ryu HRyu at norlight.com
Tue May 8 11:55:49 EDT 2007

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at some way to debug mpls traffic.

We have equipments with MPLS network as following.

A ---  MPLS PE node(PE-A)  --------------- MPLS PE node (PE-B)  ---  B

>From A ethernet segment, and B ethernet segment, we installed ethernet
capturing machine, and found A sent SIP message 183 to B.
But it seems like B never receive SIP message 183 from MPLS PE node PE-B.
So it seems SIP message 183 is disappeared from the MPLS network.
Funny thing is other messages or packets looks fine, and when I tested
ping from this MPLS vrf domain, it is fine.

Is there any way for JUNOS to trace (debug)  specific MPLS message for
troubleshooting?

Hyun

Hyunseog Ryu
Senior Network Engineer
Norlight Telecommunications, Inc./Applications Engineering
13935 Bishops Drive
Brookfield, WI 53005
Phone. +1-262-792-7965
Fax. +1-262-792-7733