[j-nsp] m7i performance

Kanagaraj Krishna kanagaraj at aims.com.my
Mon May 21 15:10:07 EDT 2007

Hi,
   I have few questions related to M7i's. We have a few running in our
network.

- With a RE (512Mb) and CFEB (128Mb), how many eBGP upstream sessions (each
receiving full routes from provider) can a box take?

- From performance view, how much does a M10i differ from m7i?

- One my boxes has 2 eBGP upstream sessions (full routes) and the memory
utilization on RE is constantly around 95%. Is it normal?

> show chassis routing-engine
Routing Engine status:
    Temperature                 29 degrees C / 84 degrees F
    CPU temperature             28 degrees C / 82 degrees F
    DRAM                       512 MB
    Memory utilization          95 percent
    CPU utilization:
      User                       1 percent
      Background                 0 percent
      Kernel                     5 percent
      Interrupt                  0 percent
      Idle                      94 percent
    Model                          RE-5.0
    Serial ID                      xxxxxxxx
    Start time                     2007-04-12 02:23:31 MYT
    Uptime                         40 days, 32 minutes, 2 seconds
    Load averages:                 1 minute   5 minute  15 minute
                                       0.02       0.05       0.00

/Kana