[j-nsp] NetFlow on M7i

Erdem Sener erdems at gmail.com
Wed May 23 15:18:54 EDT 2007

Mike,

 Without a services PIC, the 'sampling/cflowd/netflow etc.' is done on
the RE at relatively low rates (~7-8kpps).

 You can get accurate stats (assuming your configuration etc. is
proper) and if you're going to rely your billing on this information,
I would definetely suggest using a services PIC, along with a very
good collector (maybe a database supported flow server)

 Cheers,
 Erdem