[j-nsp] NetFlow on M7i

TCIS List Acct listacct at tulsaconnect.com
Wed May 23 14:22:19 EDT 2007

Erdem Sener wrote:

>  You can technically do sampling without a services pic but in this
> case you'll not risk running into performance issues (based on your
> volume, how busy is your RE without sampling etc.) but you may hit the
> PFE problem described on PSN-2007-02-026, if you're using a older code
> (in terms of build date)

So without a services PIC, am I limited to 7,000pps flows?  We don't push a lot
of ppps now (maybe 200,000pps max) so the M7i won't even break a sweat with our
current load.  I just need to know that I can get _accurate_ NetFlow stats out
of the M7i for billing purposes (bytes in/out per IP address for customer billing).

--Mike