[j-nsp] Static NAT

Matt Stevens matt at elevate.org
Thu Nov 1 20:29:32 EDT 2007

I'm a recent Cisco convert - trying to wrap my head around the Juniper
was of dealing with NAT.

I'm trying to get a setup working where I can allow inbound traffic
through the NAT to specific internal machines.

Ideally I'd like to be able to map things at a port level - ie. port 80
on external address X goes to port Y on internal address Z.

I have things working to the point where I can NAT a specific internal
address to a specific external address (see config at the end), with
everyone else using PAT on a different address. But I can't seem to
figure out how I allow inbound traffic through.

This is on a J-4350, if that makes any difference...

Any pointers in the right direction would be most appreciated!
--
matt

Here's my service nat config. I have the service-set for this applied on
the internal interface:
     rule NAT {
         match-direction input;
         term static-matt {